Tuesday 7 August 2007

#3

Childhood fears:
Yes, as a child I too had many fears. The dark, a common fear for most littlies, yet still to this day I am occasionally afraid of it in un-familiar surroundings. However, for me as a small child there was one fear I will never forget, one that terrified me, some days even to tears.
Bath time.
No, I wasn’t a dirty little child who never wanted to bath it was what happened after bath time was over that freaked me out. Some background on me on me as a child was that I loved the water; I could have sat in the bath and played with my yellow rubber ducky for hours. My dad Bill, well, he had other ideas for us kids.
He invented a creature so large, vicious and angry that we didn’t dare stay in the bathroom one second longer than mum wanted us in there.
The drain-monster …
Yes, now looking back it seems it was the lamest thing and the thought of me being scared of it is extremely laughable. Dad even had my brother and cousins conned into his the drain-monster game.
When bath time was over, and you pulled the plug out of the drain and the water began to slowly slip away, a mini tornado type thing would happen twisting the water around above the drain in the bath. Then began the drain monsters roar! [The water being sucked down the drain and out of the bath tub] as this stage began every child would have fled from the bathroom and rooms around it to save themselves from this monster lurking in our drains.

Here’s where the rest of the family get involved. We would go to Sydney to visit our grand parents. Being old, dad said her drain monsters were older and angrier than our one back home. And yes my cousins were sucked into this scheme too.
Same story. Just goes on and on and on.

Swans also scare me. They bite. I learned that the hard way.
Moths, still to this day I hate them.
Spiders too. They’re terrible.

No comments: